The week beginning the 25th of July we will be learning:
- Correct formation of the letter Kk
- The sound for the letter Kk – Kissing kites Kk, Kk, Kk
- Reading – Sounding out unfamiliar words and working on retelling stories correctly
- Story writing – We will be writing about our weekends and a story about a kite.
- Rhyming – We will be revising out “-an” words in our literacy groups and will begin learning about words that rhyming with “-ap”.
- Maths – We are exploring 3D shapes this week. We will begin our exploration by hunting for 3D shapes within our environment and will have a go at making our own shapes using playdough and paper.
- Integrated – Least week we explored “autumn” in detail. This week we will be focusing on winter. We are continuing to use our weather each morning to discuss what the weather “feels like” and “looks like” each day using words such as; freezing, cold, warm, hot, cloudy, rainy, story, windy and sunny.
Friday 29th July we will have our coin line-up for the schools sponsor child Kibra. Please encourage your children to donate a few dollars ($1, $2 and 50c coins) to help keep Kibra in school and give her the education she deserves.